Sunday 15 March 2009

Gaick

Gordon Stewart and I headed by bike from the house along to Tromie Bridge and from there up the glen. It was wet ,but not overly so , and just as had been mentioned on the radio, frogs were on the move. This one had managed to cross the deserted road a mile or two short of the Seilich dam. Others, surprisingly, had not been so lucky.
Here`s a general view of the accoutrements of the dam. I`m not sure of the purpose of the suspended ring. I think a photographer might make much of the juxtaposition of the various features here- the steel and concrete, the plantations and the very particular Gaick scenery. I`ve seen its bleakness cited as indicative of man`s destruction of natural habitat. But Gordon and I agreed on finding a certain attractiveness .
This plaque, in its simplicity, makes me think of hard times and hard men.
This exotic "forest" is growing on the parapet of the walkway across the dam.These simple forms are all ready to change the water`s direction should we be asleep.


Gordon and I went up on to the plateau to the E of Loch an-t Seilich, an area locally renowned for adders. But not today- driving rain and swollen burns caused us two changes of route before allowing us a descent into a fierce westerly.Unfit for snakes or men.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment